Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fluff Top gets Pink Eye, and a New Toy


Jeremy and I have been waking up to Mackenzie staring at us. In her crib, which is literally touching our bed, she'll stand when she wakes up, usually somewhere between the late morning hours of 5:45-6am, and point and babble at us until we notice her. If it takes more than 10 seconds to get any sort of response, the crying begins. She's got this wonderful fluffy layer of hair that pokes up, and you can see the outline of it in the dark room when she's looking at us. We've been calling her Fluff Top.

Fluff Top got sick again. It started with a runny nose and cough, which is really typical around here, given that she goes around swapping germs with other babies all day, but on Friday morning her eyes were definitely goopy and pink. I took her to the Dr and got eye drops, and we seemed like we were headed in the right direction.  Friday night I went out with some girlfriends, and when I came home late after a night of fun, Jer told me that FT had thrown up twice in her crib. uh oh. He was nice enough to let me enjoy myself before breaking the news. Unfortunately last weekend was not a fun one, since both Jer and I got her illness, which included a lot of nausea. I thought I had escaped the pink eye since she's been non contagious for awhile, but came down with the goop myself yesterday. Luckily we already have the medicine on hand! Here's to hoping that the weather will stay warm like it is today, and the colds will diminish.

On a postive note, a very fun gift from Grandma Wilt brightened up her spirits when she was sick. It's a radio flyer tricycle, which converts from a stroller type ride along to a regular tricycle, with removable pieces as she grows up. We're excited to take it to the park.



See this Fluff on top?? Poor baby doesn't feel well. 


I've got goop in my eyes and I don't like it!


Look at me!

It has paid off to share my cell phone number with Ashley and Sonia at Preschool. I get fun pictures of M during the day sometimes.


M and Miss Ashley

Playdate with Mira and Teddy, pre sickness

Breakfast at school didn't all end up in her mouth. 

Fun dinner out with mom friends


Jer and I had a break in our colds and got to go to see "a tribute to Paul Simon" at Carnegie Hall. It was great! We didn't know a lot of the artists who played, except for Brett Dennen, who we really like. Among the other artists in the lineup were Judy Collins, Richard Marx, two very gifted 13 year old girls, and L.P, who I had never heard of before but has a very unique and amazing sound.


The stage, pre show

Yesterday I went to pick up M, and caught her and T playing together in the gym. Picking her up is a highlight of my day, because when she does see me, she gets a big grin on her face and comes crawling over as fast as she can. It lets me know she loves me too. 


It was a nice day today and the Elephants went outside for a stroll! Her teacher, Sonia sent me this picture, it's a keeper! She's so happy!








A short video of her first time on the tricycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment