Saturday, April 26, 2014

First walking with Grandpa Rob and Grandma Judy!



Jer's parents came for a visit this past Wednesday and just left today. What fun we had! They arrived on Wednesday morning, and Mackenzie decided to debut her walking skills right after they arrived. She warmed right up to her grandparents and was walking and clapping and smiling the whole visit. We ate a lot of great food, including Mighty Quinns' bbq and Big Gay Ice Cream.

Big Gay ice cream in the lower east side

Judy and I enjoy "Salty Pimps"

M likes ice cream too

Thursday we went to the New York botanical gardens in the Bronx. Spring is still about a week away from it's peak, I'd say, but the Magnolia and Cherry trees were in full bloom and so beautiful. 


Mackenzie napped through the first half of our visit

Beautiful Daffodills


Walking Practice!


M enjoyed the tram tour

Thursday night we had a fabulous dinner at Balaboosta restaurant with Jer's cousins Nick and Lauren who live in the city. 


Friday we hung out in central park and enjoyed beautiful weather and pastrami sandwiches. I spent my first night ever away from Mackenzie and Rob and Judy did an overnight babysitting with her. Jer and I had so much fun going out to dinner and then a Jazz concert, staying out late without worrying about paying for babysitting. We stayed at the air bnb apartment they rented, and it was so fun.  They left this morning and we miss them already!

A beautiful day for a picnic






At Bethesda Fountain


Having fun in the stroller


Jer and I on our date night, with the Empire State building in the background

We miss you already Rob and Judy! Thanks for coming, and giving Jer and I some good baby breaks.


Now for the videos. Mackenzie is still loving the swings and I like to play peekaboo with her while she's swinging.



M showing us her walking skills! This video doesn't show much of this - but she would be so proud of herself that after she finished each walk, she'd turn around and clap for herself and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment