Even though it's been so cold and snowy the past few weeks, we've still managed to keep ourselves occupied. Last weekend for the Super Bowl, Jer and I headed out to Times Square to see the fun super bowl festivities on broadway. It was super crowded, and we didn't participate in any of the events, but it was fun to just go see, and feel the energy of it all.
M also had her 1 year checkup on Thursday. The shots weren't fun and she had to have her finger pricked and blood taken, which was hard to watch. She's still doing great, and healthy, although the Dr. did tell me she needs to gain more weight, and we actually have to go back in 6 weeks to get her weight checked again. So I have some serious fattening up homework to do with M. Our close friends Jess and Baby Ella have the same Dr. and same weight issue, so at least Jess and I have each other for ideas and support! I've been hiding avocado in her yogurt, and giving her peanut butter with her banana, and making grilled cheese for her. She's just such picky eater. Next up to try are smoothies and some fatty muffins. Hopefully she likes something!
![]() |
| Super Bowl Festival in Times Square |
![]() |
| The pond has frozen over! |
Mackenzie loves pulling herself up on this ledge, and practices standing here, and also using our couches on a daily basis. She's starting to throw her leg up on the edge and hoist herself all the way up too, so I have to keep an extra close eye on her these days.
![]() |
| Cute new PJs from Grandma Judy |
We got a lot of snow again earlier this week, and it really stuck to the trees in a really pretty way. good thing daycare is close, because getting around when this much snow is on the ground isn't easy.
![]() |
| Baby catching snowflakes on her tongue |
![]() |
| Check out my teeth! |
Jer and I had a groupon for two dozen oysters and two cocktails that was about to expire, so he got out of work a little early on Friday and we had ourselves a little happy hour date before picking up M. It was great. I love that we can still get snippets of time to ourselves.
M is old enough to move classrooms at daycare now, and when we picked her up after our happy hour, they told me she had spent most of the day in the Elephant Room (where Teddy is, for the 1-2 yr olds). Not sure when she'll officially make the move to her new classroom, but it will be soon. Such a big girl. The biggest change will be that the Elephants nap from 1-3, instead of twice (10-11:30 and 2-3:30, like the dolphins do). I didn't think one nap would be enough for Mackenzie, but apparently that's what she did on Friday with flying colors. My baby is growing up too fast. She's still napping twice at home though, because I can get 3-4 hours of napping in two segments, and I think she still needs the rest.
![]() |
| And this is what we found at daycare. M with Riley, in baby jail! |
Our friend Julian turns 1 on Monday! We went to his birthday party Saturday night at our friends the Semeskys. It was a great party and nice to get out of the house and see friends. M loved her dinner, I think she likes Ashley's cooking because she ate things she wouldn't have at home.
![]() |
| Julian Loved his cake! |
M is napping as I write this. This morning nap has lasted over 3 hours so far! She must be catching up from the week or something.
![]() |
| Look how relaxed I am! |
Lastly, a couple videos.
When we first got to Julian's party, M was still warming up to all the people there, which was funny because she kept staring at Andrew so seriously.
M has been talking a lot more lately, and she's starting to repeat what I say. Her favorite word though is still cat. Here, you can kind of hear her say it while she chases Comet around, then I think it morphs into "dada"















No comments:
Post a Comment