Thursday, January 3, 2013

Full Term!


At 37 weeks pregnant, this baby is considered fully cooked! She could arrive anytime now and be totally safe. I feel like it's a great accomplishment to make it to this point. Now, I hope she can hold on for a few more weeks while Jer travels for a few days this weekend. Chances are slim that she'll make an appearance in the next few days, but even so, I am planning on taking it very easy while he's away.
I'm starting to understand why some women can't wait to get their babies out. Getting comfortable anywhere for a long period of time (like sleeping) is starting to take its toll. Baby's new favorite past time is putting a shoulder on one of my nerves so I feel a sudden twinge in my hips. It'll stop me in my tracks - like a charlie horse for your hips! My midwife says this is normal. Got another good checkup today. It's nice making sure she's still doing ok in there, but going across the city every week for a 5 minute appointment is pretty annoying. Especially when a couple with the same appointment time as you gets in the elevator after you (resulting in them being the first out, and first to check in at the drs office) and then ends up finishing their appointment before you're even seen. Next time I'm pushing my way out of that elevator first so I'm seen first! 
I can't believe I could go into labor any day now. I go between feeling ready and prepared to nervous and anxious about actually delivering. Sometimes I can't believe I've planned to do this whole thing naturally - what am I thinking?! This is going to hurt! I hope I can find the strength to get through it when the time comes. I know Jeremy will be a great coach. He's already joking he's going to get me a broom handle to bite on during contractions. At least, I'm hoping it's a joke!
Hope you all are well and had a great holiday vacation. I gotta say it's tough working again, like my brain went to mush over the past week. Only two more weeks of work though until I'm on maternity leave. How time flies!


I washed all of the baby things this week, and since our dryer doesnt tend to get everything 100% dry, laid it out on the bed. Think we've got enough clothes?

The tiniest sock. This one's from grandma Judy. I'm excited to meet these tiny feet to put in these tiny socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment