Thursday, January 24, 2013

40 weeks and waiting, waiting, waiting


Yes, I'm still pregnant. My due date was yesterday, and instead of a big on time arrival, the clock has started ticking!
I started maternity leave on Monday, which has been great so far. I saw "this is 40" yesterday, which I thought was very appropriate for my 40th week mark. Also saw some friends and treated myself to lunch. I can't complain. But my list of things to do is growing very very short, and pretty soon Jer is going to come home to a house full of baked goods since that's the only thing I can think of to occupy my time! 
I had an appointment with my midwife today, and unfortunately nothing has changed since she told me last week that I was 1.5cm and 50% effaced. We could remain this way for another week (or more!), but let's hope not!
I'm still doing well, mostly just antsy, not too physically uncomfortable, except for the occasional shooting hip pain when she moves and hits a nerve :) I will be so excited to be more mobile again though. Getting up, getting out of bed and putting on pants and shoes are definitely a chore when you have a giant belly. 
Everytime there's a grunt or groan from me, Jer pipes in and says "Contraction?" expectantly. It's cute. He's definitely as eager as I am for this labor to start.
New york has been sooo cold. Maybe when it warms up she'll decide to come out!
Hoping my next post is baby pictures instead of a preggo update! Hope you all are well.
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment