I went into labor at 1:30am Wednesday morning. Not being sure it was real labor, I didnt wake Jer up until 4am. We thought labor would take all day, from everything we'd heard in child birth classes and from friends, so we weren't in any hurry to get to the hospital. I finally called my midwife at 8:30 am when things were heating up. She told us to call back if the pain increased, so I just took a bath and continued to labor on my own. Jer was great, rubbing my back when I had a contraction, and getting all our stuff packed up and ready to go. Finally things got more intense at 10am. We called the midwives back and they told us to come in to the office to get checked. Luckily the office is right across the street from the hospital, because I was at 9cm when we arrived! My midwife hurried us across the street. I told her I felt like I needed to push in the middle of 59th street, and she told me to keep my knees closed! We didn't' get to use the natural birth center like I had planned since all the rooms were full, and we couldn't wait another hour for someone to check out - this baby was coming too soon! I labored for another hour or so in the hospital, and when they offered to break my water to get things really going, I agreed. Mackenzie finally arrived after an hour of pushing. Now I finally understand what a mothers love is, because it's so powerful and instantaneous. Jer and I are so happy to finally have our daughter here! We couldn't be more grateful to have such a wonderful, healthy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment