We've been so busy this summer with our two kiddos that I haven't written in awhile! I thoroughly enjoyed my maternity leave, but unfortunately went back to work in August. Luckily I love my job and only work part time with a really flexible schedule, so going back wasn't as hard as it is for most -I still get plenty of full days with my Benny. Ben is such a happy baby and will give you a wide toothless grin pretty much anytime you ask for one. This is a contrast to Mackenzie who made you really work for it! So I am enjoying my smiley boy. My only complaint is the sleeping. We've been making some progress, but not without tears. Slowly but surely though we are working our way towards falling asleep by himself and sleeping through the night.
Ben turned 6 months on Sunday. He's getting really big and is now getting his first two teeth! He's been pretty happy though so it seems that teething isn't bothering him. He also started solid food, and appears to love it! He is constantly grabbing for my food and seems fascinated by it so I knew he was ready. Mackenzie can't wait to feed him all by herself!
M is doing great at school, and has a new "boyfriend" named Kieran that she talks about nonstop. He asked me the other day if Mackenzie was going to give him rough hugs. I told him he could ask her to stop :)
 |
| M in the kiddie pool at school |
 |
| Ben with baby friends |
 |
| Ben's first swim in a saltwater pool |
 |
| M and Ruby the dog |
 |
| Where's Mackenzie? |
 |
| Me and B out to lunch |
 |
| Getting tiger facepaint at Tommy's birthday party |
 |
| my happy guy! I'm such a lucky mommy! |
I thought M would benefit from some alone time with just mommy, so I left Ben with my mom and took her to the zoo. All the animals were out to show their tricks and it was a great day - except my toddler wasn't in the mood. So it didn't end up being the bonding trip I'd hoped, but that's life with a three-nager!
 |
| Ben loves to munch on his toes |
 |
| M loves her baby brother |
 |
| Eaves dropping on Daddys story time |
One of my closest friends Sun had a baby boy named Zander in August! I was so happy to meet him! Z, I can't wait until you and Ben are old enough to play!
 |
| Me and baby Z |
 |
| I'll miss these days when they're gone |
 |
| Baby laundry! |
 |
| The picture of M on her classroom door |
 |
| B napping on DeeDee |
 |
More storytime eavesdropping
|
I got to be fancy again and go to the San Francisco Symphony's opening Gala. Being a KPMG spouse does have its perks. I rented a dress online that was just perfect.
Mackenzie has started her dance classes again. She is doing well, I can tell the difference a summer's worth of growing up has made!
 |
| Bathtime Cutie! |
 |
| his 5 month pictures |
I went up to Seattle for a quick night to attend my cousin Julia's wedding. Jeremy stayed home with the kids. It was my first night away from Ben - and I got to sleep the whole night!!! I was almost looking forward to that as much as the wedding itself! It was a wonderful wedding and I'm so glad I went.
 |
| The bride with her parents |
 |
| My little snuggler |
Mackenzie LOVES her papa and looks forward to seeing him every monday and wednesday. He is so patient with her and she notices. He always has time to play and is never too busy like mommy. I love seeing them together. This is them walking back to his house after I dropped her off. Hand in hand. They are so close.
 |
| M keeps Benny company |
 |
| Thumb Sucker? |
 |
| Helping daddy stretch |
At my request, Jeremy whisked me off to Vegas for my 35th birthday. Thanks to Papa and DeeDee for watching our munchkins while we got away. It was a great trip. I actually felt refreshed when coming home, which isn't typical of Vegas! We ate good food, saw a good show, and explored and rested in the hot tub. Jeremy taught me to play black jack too. It was fun.
 |
| Beautiful view from our room at the Encore |
 |
| Top Golf! |
 |
| Fancy Restaurant! |
 |
| Moms night out |
 |
| Benny baby friends |
Clayton has an amazing pumpkin patch I took Mackenzie to this past Sunday. Such a cool maze, and giant pools of beans to jump in, along with lots of other fun stuff. We even ran into Kieran there and she was SO excited. October is a great month because there's so many fun halloween things to do.
 |
| Pool of Lima beans! |
 |
| Can you see those two teeth coming through? |
No comments:
Post a Comment