Scott & Roz got married last weekend in Lodi. They had the ceremony and reception at the property where Jeremy's dad grew up. There is so much space there, and there is a lake, and it was a wonderful spot and a beautiful day. It was so great to see both sides of Jeremys family, along with lots of friends, and to get to meet a lot more of Roz's family and friends too. I think her side enjoyed California quite a bit. Mackenzie had a great time. She loves playing with the other kids in the family, especially Annalise, who is about a year older. And M loves to dance. She spent about half the wedding running around the dance floor.
We drove up to Lodi on Friday afternoon for the Rehearsal and dinner. Mackenzie was a flower girl. The dinner was at the Wine and Roses, where a lot of us were staying as well. It's such beautiful hotel with a restaurant, and spa and lovely grounds.
 |
| Hi Annalise! |
 |
| The start of the Rehearsal dinner. Me with M, Jillian, Judy and Diane |
 |
| Crying after a fall |
 |
| Lisa, Sam, Judy, Jolee and me |
 |
| M loves exploring everything |
 |
| Curious about Ryan, and clinging to my dress |
 |
| The happy couple |
 |
| Daddy Dip! |
 |
| Papa, Daddy and M |
 |
| Peekaboo! Im supposed to be sleeping! |
Saturday morning Jeremy was helping get the final touches ready for the party, and Mackenzie was also at the property with Rob and Judy. So I slept in and had breakfast with some of the family. It was fun and I felt spoiled! The ceremony started at 3:30. I couldn't believe how beautiful Lodi looked with all the wedding setup.
 |
| The groom waits for his Bride |
Mackenzie didn't get a chance to practice throwing petals at the rehearsal the day before, so I was nervous what she would do when her moment came, but everyone kept telling me not to worry - anything she did would be cute and work out. Papa and Didi helped her with her petals and basket, and she basically took giant fistfulls of petals and aggressively threw them to the ground. It was pretty funny and got a few laughs. I think she did great!
 |
| M throws down her flowers |
 |
| Roz comes up the aisle! |
 |
| M and Annalise are the first on the dance floor |
 |
| My parents talk to the newlyweds |
 |
| Beautiful cake and desserts |
 |
| Dinner by the lake |
 |
| Jer gave a great best man speech |
 |
Smiles during speeches
|
 |
| Cutting the cake |
 |
| M climbs a full couch full of kids |
 |
| M plays with baby Ruby |
The dance floor cleared up for the first dance, and Father/Daughter Mother/Son dance. By the time the first two had happened, M had had enough of waiting to dance again so she decided to go race out and join the Mother/Son dance. Luckily it was her Uncle and Grandma on the floor who didn't seem to mind. I tried to get her back off, but id didn't work out too well.
 |
First Dance
|
 |
| I'm dancing too!!! |
 |
| My parents dancing |
 |
| M says cheese with Nick |
 |
| Throwing the bouquet |
 |
| Beautiful night lights off the lake |
 |
| Just to give you an idea of how big the Wallace clan is.... |
The next day we had a BBQ and everyone came back for some more fun. M loved playing with all her relatives, and it was great to for me to see her get to know everyone. Jeremy's cousins are all so great with her.
 |
| Ashely and M feed the fishes |
 |
| M and Jillian. Cheese! |
 |
| Making "happy face" with Lauren |
I also did Bay to Breakers a couple weeks ago, and it was really fun. My college roommate Rebecca had a group going as the Mario Brothers, so I joined them. My costume wasn't nearly as elaborate, since I joined them late in the game, but they all looked great! I went as "fire mario" and Rebs gave me a white had with a red mario logo.
 |
| Remember the dress that broke the internet? |
While I was doing the race in SF, M was having a blast in Lodi with Rob and Judy. They went up the weekend before the wedding to make sure everything was ready. Jules and Joe brought Annalise, and it was grandparents and toddlers having a blast. I am so lucky to have the help I do! Thanks R&J!
 |
| Having SO much fun in the sprinklers. I love her face here. |
 |
| Doing Annie's hair |
M also got her first haircut! I thought I'd better spruce her up to walk down the aisle as a flower girl, so I went to Cool Tops in downtown Pleasant Hill at a friends recommendation. Here's some before and after pictures. M did a great job staying still, especially when she found out there would be a lollipop at the end if she did!
 |
| She got a lovely side braid after her haircut |
That's it! Hope everyone has a great week.
Love,
Kathy
Amazing photo stream of S&R's wedding weekend - well done, Kathy! And fantastic B2B photos!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are doing well!