Friday, February 8, 2013

These precious times

Mackenzie is changing everyday. I am careful not to take for granted this fleeting time where she's such a tiny, vulnerable newborn. Having Jeremy home with me to take care of our baby has been so wonderful. The past week has blurred together, since I haven't really left the house at all, with the exception of a couple dr visits. (Kenz is successfully gaining weight!) The days are an endless cycle of feedings, changing, and napping. I struggle with trying to get things done around the house and sleeping when the baby sleeps, which everyone strongly urges. Jer has been cooking up a storm, serving me breakfast, lunch and dinner on the couch while I breastfeed. We've also gone a little picture crazy too.

Nights are a little harder. It's tough being her sole food supply. I'm a dairy on demand. But she's been a very good baby overall, and usually has a few good 2 hour bouts of sleep between feedings/changings. The hardest part is getting myself to actually fall asleep when she's sleeping. I'm too preoccupied listening to her breathing, or wondering if she'll stir any minute. Such is the joy of new motherhood, I guess.

I know we'll look back on these first weeks as such a precious time. The start of our new life as a family.




The Flying Breastfeeder!


Passed out baby








Mischievous!





No comments:

Post a Comment