Monday, February 11, 2013

Dad's Turn

Hello Internets,
I understand this social media phenomena has gotten a bit of attention of late and I have resisted participating in any meaningful way.   I figured now would be a good time to give it a try so had Kathy train me up tonight, so here goes my first blog post - set your expectations low (Kathy is much better at this stuff than me).

I sit here on a Monday night on the eve of heading back to work after 9 days off with the new Family.  It has been a great time off with Kathy and Mackenzie and tomorrow morning is going to be very difficult to transition back to a much different schedule.  The time has literally flown by - I feel like it was only a couple of days ago that she was born, but at the same time a lot has been going on here as we have been learning what caring for an infant is all about.  Luckily most of all of it has been better than I ever could have imagined.

I will stick with the chronological flow of these blogs and go from the most recent to the later stuff.

Monday Outing - As I indicated previously, today is my 9th work day off and 13th day in a row given the two weekends.   We were hit with a record storm on the east coast (Nemo) and after basically 13 days in a row of staying inside since the birth, it was high time we both got out of the house to replenish stores of vitamin D.  Luckily the temperature was a toasty 45-50 out, so we headed out for our first real adventure with the stroller to central park.  Dad got a new camera, so was excited to try out all the features with his new subjects - spoiler alert - babies don't photograph very well when completely wrapped up and sealed from the elements - but we got some good ones of mom.  She was doing great on the "hike" considering she is only two weeks out from the big event.


Monday night Active time - Just a couple of shots of Mom with Kenzie - she really like the x-mas lights we still haven't taken down.  I have a feeling these are a permenant light fixture as they provide just the right amount for vs. the extra bright spot lights that are otherwise in the living room.




Sunday Afternoon - Cousin Lauren came to visit Kenzie.  We had a great time catching up and Mackenzie enjoyed taking a nice nap in her lap.


Changing time - We have gotten quite a bit of practice changing diapers.  Kathy bought a trial cloth diaper service so we have been trying it out.  The service brochure budgets for 8-10 diapers per day.  Today clocked in at 19 diapers...  Here are some shots from changing time.  She had on a nice long one piece dress that I left on as a headdress to make it easier to get back on.


Amateur Hour - Photo Session - So of course as soon as she came Dad had to get some new technology purchase to document everything.  Aunt JoAnn gave me some advice on a camera she bought for Lauren and Nick and I ordered one online.  We looked up a lot of infant photos online to get ideas for the shoot and then had fun in the front room doing a photo shoot.  We cranked up the heat on high and she was doing great for the camera until she had had enough.  You can see the later shots she was over the shoot and to make sure we got the message she peed all over the set...  We slept without pillows that night.
This one is too much - Glamor shot
 


First look that the shoot had run its course.  You can just see she is done.

Right out of TMZ - here she is booting the paparazzi with her foot - Get out of here!






No comments:

Post a Comment