Thursday, September 14, 2017

Summer Fun!


Summer is just about over, and we had a great one.  We took a few trips, notably Cabo san Lucas and Oregon, but we aren't finished yet. In a couple more weeks we will head to Disneyland! It will be Mackenzie's (and Bens) first time, and I am so excited to see the look on her face when she realizes how magical a place it is.

Ben is at a super fun age where he is interacting a ton learning new words every day. He can now make several animal sounds on request, loves to 'dance' and spin around, and shakes his head 'no' when I ask for a kiss. He loves being chased around the house. He can do small chores, like putting his shoes away or throwing away a dirty diaper, or putting clothes in the laundry. He understands so much of what we say to him. He still wants up all the time. And he still loves his elephant pacifier. Because of these things, he is still a baby to me, although he is constantly showing me how fast he is growing up.


Mackenzie just started a new preschool! Saying goodbye to Kidz planet was a hard time, although mostly on me to be fair. I don't know if she's come to the realization that she wont see her friends from school again. She started at Old Firehouse school last week, where our dear friend Gigi goes to school and so that has made the transition a lot easier. She still cries when I drop her off though. Change is hard on my girl.

School pictures. Look at that Benny lip!

Right before his first haircut

Right after  his first haircut. He looked practically bald! I had some regret...


We went to Cabo in June with Rob and Judy. We basically spent every single day just lounging by the pool. Jeremy did go out on a fishing boat with his dad and Uncle Robbie one day, and caught a big Marlin! They released it, thank goodness. I didnt want a stuffed Marlin above my bed. 

Pool baby

A typical day. Floaties made it fun.

Jeremy's big catch!

Baby snuggles for Dee Dee

On a date night dinner with my mustache man







Mackenzie had her second performance for her Studio A dance class, called "Mr Postman". She did great, even though we missed dress rehearsal due to being in Mexico. I was nervous she'd get stage fright but it wasn't even a problem! Way to go M!




Judy is officially retired, and we planned a weekend getaway to celebrate her permanent vacation status. We spent 3 nights at a house in Petaluma, which was a great launching off point for day trips. We stayed on a working farm that had a lot of horses, and one very beloved donkey. Mackenzie loved going out to visit the donkey, who felt the same love for her as she did for him and would always seek us out.

Mortons Warm Springs

Tacos for lunch
I think the highlight of the trip for the kids was honestly the bunk bed. They could have played on the top bunk for hours if we let them. Benny loved climbing the ladder and dancing on the top bunk. I lived in fear that he'd fall off.

Don't fall Ben!

A nice outdoor cocktail hour



We're not always all smiles. Some of us get cranky.

Papa and his three grandkids

Mackenzie and her Donkey

Scott, Roz and Baby Sterling

Hiking to the coast

Sister in laws have a toast!


M climbs an olive tree

M loves playing with baby Sterling
A trip to Petaluma wouldnt be complete without a visit to Ms Grossmans sticker factory!







Such a precious boy when I catch him asleep

Tea Parties! These happen daily at our house.


My cousin Bobby got married in July at Tilden Park's brazil room. Such a lovely wedding. Mackenzie was on a little trip with Dee Dee, so we took our 'only child' Ben. It was fun having just him for a few days. 











My friend Yesica and I teamed up to get an annual pass to the Oakland zoo! The kids all had fun and now we have a good reason to go much more often.

William, Mac and Stella


Ben's first time on the Merry Go Round!

Upset he couldn't go on the cars ride with his sister

Mackenzie made the cars ride look like so much fun. 



We spent a night in Lodi as well, and the kids had so much fun playing in and around the water. They even caught some fish (poor fish) and Mackenzie bathed herself in mud.



My mud monster

Ben squishes a fish

asking for 'more' pistachios

The fish lived in our tank temporarily before we released them back to the river
Jenny and I also took the kids to Lake Anza in Tilden Park. What a gem! I didnt realize it was there and I don't think I've been since I was very young. It almost feels like you are on vacation when you are there.






Later in August we went up to Oregon to celebrate Jeremy's cousin Jason getting married. Jason's family own a big vineyard in Oregon called Del Rio. What a party it was, and what a venue!! 


Ben hanging out at the rehearsal

My flower girl practices at the rehersal

A mini Del Rio

Mackenzie and Ruby

Benny dances to a live band at the rehersal dinner


Mackenzie plays in a tractor wheel

Ben copies whatever Mackenzie does

Who says we don't look alike? 

Flower girl duties!

Such a beautiful backdrop

Roz, Scott and Judy




Katie holding our two babes


We went back to the zoo with Jenny and Gigi and had another great time.





Sleepyhead

An intimate concert with Brett Dennen

Hiking!



A trip to little farm with Grandpa

Didn't get something she wanted. 

Piglets!



No comments:

Post a Comment