Life has been getting a (tiny) bit easier in these past few weeks, mainly because baby B is growing up a bit more and out of his fussy newborn stage. He smiles at me so much now, I can't remember M being this smily of a baby. So the bar is set low. But at least a few times a day he just smiles and coos at me. It's the best sound in the world. He still sleeps a lot during the day, and is a pretty easy baby until about 5pm. Even after that he's not so bad, but definitely needs to be held. Unless we're outside. He loves sitting in his bouncer and looking at the trees!
M still loves him and makes baby voices at him. She wants him to "watch" her eat her breakfast in the morning so I move his bouncer next to her. And she's always "borrowing" his stuff, like his blankets and toys he's gotten as gifts. She really needs it, apparently.
The weather here has been really hot, but it's kind of nice to feel like we got an early start to summer. I've even had a few tomatoes from our garden already. The hardest part about the heat is making sure my swaddled baby doesn't overheat.
I've been enjoying maternity leave. I found a wonderful moms group through John Muir hospital, and now have an instant group of 14 other mom friends. We meet up once a week formally, but also do a lot of other activities together through out the week like walks, baby bootcamp workouts, and meeting up for lunch. Its been really great finding other moms with babes the same age as Ben, and things to do outside of the house. Makes me miss my mom group friends from NYC, especially you Nancy!
 |
| M with G at civic park |
 |
| Lots of pool time in this hot weather! |
 |
| Mackenzie building a spaceship fort |
 |
| How cute is this?! |
 |
| M loves selfies! |
 |
| Baby B at his 6 week checkup. M is super excited for B to have his shots! |
We also made our first trip as a family of four! We went to Seattle for memorial day weekend to celebrate Sean & Devon's wedding. Sean is Jeremy's cousin. Parts of it were fun - I did enjoy seeing Jeremy's family. But hauling all the luggage around and dealing with M and the baby outside of our house was a challenge sometimes. I think it was the best trip it could have been given our situation though. The kids were both relatively well behaved when we travelled. Ben slept through both flights, so I can't complain there! It's still weird to write the word "kids". I can't believe I have two!
Mackenzie was crazy about Ruby, Jeremy's cousin Brian's daughter. Poor Ruby was probably exhausted by the end of the trip from being bossed around by a 3 year old! But they definitely had fun running around the hotel and the wedding and wearing each other out. Thanks Ruby for making sure we got good naps!
 |
| Cover your baby with a napkin when you eat. |
 |
| About to take flight! Lets go mom! |
 |
| Thank goodness for iPads and Frozen. |
 |
| My new moms group: lots of babies the same age! B is in the red carseat. |
 |
| Smiling at me. My heart can't handle it!! |
 |
| M and Ollie at the park downing their apple sauce |
 |
| Ben with Auntie Sun! We can't wait to meet baby Cyutter so soon! |
 |
| Smiles! |
 |
| Enjoying the outdoors |
No comments:
Post a Comment