October has been a great month. We have had so many fun events to go to, which has kept us very busy, but enjoyably so.
Mackenzie has been talking up a storm. She's almost got the hang of shapes and colors now, and can count to ten (leaving out the number 5). She loves singing and will often sing something from daycare or from Papa's house that I didn't know she knew, but can recognize the tune. I think she's starting to memorize her favorite books a little too, because she was reading a few lines to me as I pointed out the pictures.
KPMG had a dinner at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco. It was supposed to be dinner and dancing, but with a room full of accountants, nobody danced. It was a very nice event though, and I got to wear 1 of 3 dresses that I rented this month! (I am a big fan of renttherunway.com lately).
 |
| Dress Rental #1 |
 |
| Asian Art Museum set up with dinner tables |
We used our starwood hotel points Jeremy worked hard to earn traveling for work on a room at the Palace hotel. I made Jeremy, who is not a big breakfast person, promise to take me to breakfast the next morning. It did not dissapoint! I loooove a good buffet, and this was one of the best I've ever seen.
 |
| Perfect Roses compliment a glass ceiling. Beautiful. |
The next weekend we attended a beautiful wedding in Napa Valley for Jeremy's cousin, Jennifer. She got married at a church in St Helena, and the reception was at Berringer vineyards. Such a gorgeous and fun wedding! We brought Mackenzie knowing that her grandparents Rob and Judy would be there to help us. M made everyone in church laugh when, during the ceremony after the first vocal song, she started clapping and said a loud "yay!". Who can blame her, we always clap and give a yay when we finish any other songs. Then she pooped and started squirming, and I didnt actually see the marriage. Oh well.
 |
| J & M outside Beringer |
 |
| Scotty and Jer |
 |
| Beautiful setting to have dinner! |
 |
| The J-Man and me, with rental dress #2! |
I had no idea M was such a dancer, but this baby loves to shake her bootie! As soon as she saw people on the dance floor and the music started, she made a beeline for it. Once the party was fully started I think she spent almost an hour out there. It was so fun to watch, and in my opinion (biased!) she was the hit of the party!
 |
| M makes a run for the dance floor as soon as the bride opens it up |
 |
| M dances with Uncle Scott and Dada |
 |
| WIPED out the next day on our way home! |
There was a really fun photo booth and we all had a blast taking silly pictures
 |
| J. Me, Roz and Scott |
We flew to DC the following week. Jeremy had a new partner meeting there, and everyone was allowed to bring their spouse. The meeting was originally supposed to be in Rio, but the hotel they had booked wasn't finished being constructed, so unfortunately we stayed more "local". At least it made it a lot easier with the baby, and we weren't gone as long as we would have been if it were further away. But we still had 6 nights away. She stayed with R&J and had a fun week. I still missed her like crazy though!
 |
| First Class! |
 |
| I was impressed with the meal service compared to coach |
We stayed in downtown DC, right next to the Smithsonian Zoo, which is free. Jer and I went jogging and looped our way through the zoo to visit a couple times. It was great having something so fun next door that we could pop into at any time.
 |
| We wished mama panda would turn around so we could see the baby! They're both playing here |
 |
| Huge fish |
 |
| Selfie with the capitol in the background |
 |
| Out for dinner and drinks |
|
Jer got stuck in lots of meetings, but KPMG had very nice tours lined up for the spouses, so while he was sitting in auditoriums all day, I was out and about with some other spouses. Luckily I knew a few friends who were there from our time in NYC.
 |
| Library of Congress |
 |
| Our tour |
 |
| Hillsdale Gardens |
We had nice dinners to go to three nights in a row. the first night was at the Smithsonian air and space museum
The last night was at the Andrew Mellon Auditorium, and they had a full college marching band playing and greeting us at the door. It was over the top, in a good way.
This past weekend was back to normal, and we were glad to be at home with our baby. We took her to the recently renovated Heather farms playground, and it was amazing. So many cool things to play on!
 |
| M rides a ladybug |
 |
| Awesome fake grass hill the kids slide down |
The weather is getting a little cooler, so I bought M a new hat, the exact same one we had last winter but bigger. She likes it and wanted to wear it to the park.
 |
| Getting ready for the cold weather! |
We also took a walk at the Bee Markham Gardens
 |
| Loves being high on daddys shoulders |
 |
| Tree Baby |
 |
| M visits the Geese |
 |
| Beautiful baby, lawn and mountains |
Lastly, a couple videos.
M loves glasses, and loved playing with her own pair:
Here's a short one of M getting her groove on:
No comments:
Post a Comment