Monday, July 21, 2014

California Adventures


I've been a little slow in my picture taking lately. With all the unpacking and reorganizing going on here, I haven't whipped out the camera as often as I should. But there's still a few from the past few weeks, when I catch Boo doing something funny.

The weather has been wonderful here, and Jer and I have been bbq-ing all the time, which I really missed in NY. Jer bought a new wood pellet grill and has been smoking a lot of our food lately which is so delicious! We've had a busy few weeks since the 4th of July. One of our cats decided to get lost for the day, and the other one decided to slice up her foot, requiring a hefty vet bill. She's been in a cone of shame for over a week now, and I feel pretty bad for her. We also bought a new car, rescued some baby birds, sold a lot of stuff on craigslist, and found some new parks and activities to take M too. We're settling in to our life here pretty well and it's been fun visiting with friends and family we haven't seen in so long. Mackenzie has been great, and has been learning peoples names, and is very good at waving hello. She also has been very generous lately when mommy asks for hugs and kisses. Her vocabulary is growing so quickly everyday. New words include: Elmo, owl, spinning, stomping, and basically trying to repeat most of what we say to her. She also definitely lets us know when she needs her blankie, by saying "baggie!" which is required when she sucks on her finger. 

Mommy & Baby & Yogurt selfie

Can't resist bottom pictures

Our new Nissan Leaf, "Pepper" Isn't she cute?

Baby bird nest in our front yard bushes. Our cat found one out of the tree but thankfully didn't eat it, and it was fine. 

M goes to Safeway for the first time

Feeding herself corn on the cobb

Pool party!

This baby loves the water and is so comfortable in it

BBQ for my dads birthday yesterday

Papa and Boo Boo eating crackers

Me and my Dad. Happy birthday Dad!

He can never resist making a funny face



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are settling in well. You are so missed in NYC.

    ReplyDelete