Sunday, June 22, 2014

Moving Out and Maui

We're back in California! The movers came on the 8th of this month and basically took down our apartment in a matter of hours. It's amazing what 3 professional movers can do in such a short amount of time. Jer and I took the baby out in Central park trying to get away from the commotion. We were just getting in the way. We stayed at a hotel in midtown that night, and then picked up and left the city the next day. What a trip. I hope I never have to fly again with a toddler, carseat, stroller, 3 suitcases, 2 backpacks and 2 cats. It was a loooong day. Everything went as well as it could have, but with that amount of stuff it's just exhausting.

To recuperate, and pass the time while our stuff was being trekked cross country, we spent last week in Maui. While it wasn't nearly the same relaxing vacation I'm used to without a toddler, we had a great time. Mackenzie seemed to like the ocean after a gentle introduction, and loved playing in the sand. It was a very low key trip, and we stayed mostly near our resort, grilling fish for dinner almost every night. I look forward to our next trip there!



Our apartment, all boxed up

Cleared out and ready to go. 


Floating in the pool

Our resort

Flying high with daddy

Her sunblock swimsuit!

On a walk along the beach





Sunset





So tired







Go Bruins!


Date Night!

Demolishing sandcastles

Our beach setup

Peanut butter face

Baby Pit


Loved being buried in the sand




Surfing on an empty security check way at the airport



On our last night in a hotel in NYC, Jer showed Kenz a great time flopping her on the pillows on the bed. She loved it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!! That little striped and flowered dress was one of my absolute FAVS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete