What a great week it's been! KPMG had a family day at the Bronx Zoo this past Saturday and it was great. It was M's first trip to the Zoo and I think she liked it! The event was huge - someone heard a zoo worker say there were 4,000 of us KPMG-ers. Wow. Jer and I were "too cool" to wear the t-shirts they provided, but we probably should have since everyone else was wearing them. Mackenzie won't fit into hers until she's 5 years old anyway. It was a great day and we got to see some of our friends and a lot of amazing animals.
 |
| M passes out for an hour long snooze |
My favorite part of the day was the carousel ride. Mackenzie has never been on one and I think she liked it! I tried to ride behind her but apparently only one person at a time is allowed, even if the 2nd person is only 22 lbs. She kept making "whoa" faces as we went around. Sometimes I think Jer and I enjoy watching her reaction more than she actually enjoys the event itself.
 |
| Whoa! |
 |
| A beautiful Dogwood tree |
 |
| Giant silverback Gorilla |
 |
| This momma was nursing her baby |
 |
| A giant python. scary! |
 |
| An Okapi |
 |
| Mackenzie checks out the Giraffe |
A fellow mom friend from KPMG, Shae, threw a going away girls night at her place for me, Ashley and Brooke since we're all 3rd years finishing up the rotation. It's pretty surreal that we're down to the wire now, going to good bye parties. We don't move until early June, but that's just around the corner. I'm simultaneously excited and scared. I'm really really looking forward to being closer to friends and family, and more space!! But how am I ever going to say goodbye to New York and this period of my life??
 |
Kelly, Suzanne, Me, Ashley
|
The rest of the week was pretty normal, although I did take a good selfie of me and M.
 |
| Rare pic of Mom and Baby smiling at the same time! |
 |
| M and T smile at each other at a dinner date |
 |
| Fun with shampoo |
Daddy is going to have to have a long talk with his baby daughter. It seems she's been stripping and dancing at daycare! She took her shirt off 3 times and when one of the teachers mentioned "dancing" she started dancing too!! I've been sending her in onesies ever since, although I think it's hilarious.
 |
| Just a walk in the park, dad! |
Mother's day was great. I got to sleep in, and was served a wonderful french toast breakfast by my loving husband, who also brought home flowers. My daughter even gave me a special treat by falling asleep in my arms. Either that or she just woke up from her nap too early. It was perfect. I had a good book, water, and my phone all at my side when she decided to pass out, and I stayed perfectly still for 40 minutes just watching her breathe. Heaven.
 |
| Date night at a very cool Magic show! |
I was wandering through Times Square on an errand on Monday and ran into a filming of the HBO show Girls. How cool! I wouldn't have known it if a bunch of people hadn't been dawdling around. This happened right after I saw Bethany Frankel at a nail salon. It was a celebrity kind of day.
Our apartment is for sale! Photographers came last week and made me clean EVERYTHING up (what a royal pain in the @$!**!) But I think she shots turned out great. I always keep a bowl of fresh oranges on my dining room table. Don't you?
http://www.halstead.com/sale/ny/manhattan/upper-east-side/215-east-96th-street/condop/9950662
 |
| Nothing to cook with but a bowl of bananas. |
Videos: M snacks off of T's plate.
I'm guessing this will be the most BORING video to anyone other than me, but I think she's just so sweet sleeping so peacefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment