Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sun Visits, Daycare, Learning to sit up

Mackenzie has been practicing sitting up a lot lately. We're a little behind in that department - at almost 7 months old she should be sitting by herself at this point. We're 90% there, and have made a lot of progress in the past two weeks thanks to what dad calls "baby X" (a p90x style workout he invented just for our baby daughter) and the lovely ladies at Mackenzie's new daycare who have been making sure she gets plenty of practice time, and even have the yoga instructor (!!) come by to help work with her. 

My friend Sun also came by for a visit last weekend and we had so much fun with her! She's great with Mackenzie and we made the most of New York by exploring times square, the m&m store, and rock center. She also met my NY mom friend Nancy, and M's best baby friend, Teddy.



Mackenzie practicing sitting up. She's loves this caterpillar toy from Larissa :)

Jeremy shows sun "baby x" exercises



A video of Jeremy training Mackenzie

Sun and I on our rooftop

Our Jumperoo, which Mackenzie has yet to learn to jump in. mostly she just dangles!
A video of her "jumping"



Mackenzie and Woody, who is subbing in for Chris Cotter, Sun's boyfriend 
M and I at grand central station

Sun and Woody in times square

Sun and M

Sun took this pic of me with M in her crib



M and her dad in CP

This is the bib I wore as a baby!


The m&m store

Jer meets us in Rock center after hitting the driving range at chelsea piers. Check out the clubs he's got on his back

Sun and I out to dinner

Sun meets M's friend Teddy

Sun, Teddy, Nancy and M

Peas!

Her favorite rattle


I'm back to work now 3 days a week, and Mackenzie has been going to a daycare called Preschool of America a few blocks away. I feel so lucky to have found such a nice place to take her while I'm working at home, and so close to our house! This is the kind of convenience I really appreciate living in New York. I'm enjoying being back at work so far, and even though it's still hard to drop her off in the morning, I think I made the right decision and feel like I have the best of both worlds. I miss her a lot during the day, but it's good to also have some time to take care of adult stuff. The daycare is really nice, and they do a lot of fun activities. I like that she's also interacting with other babies. She's been really great at transitioning and never cries when I drop her off, even the first day. She's been getting used to their nap and feeding schedule and was so happy yesterday when I picked her up.

The preschool of america schedule. M is in the "dolphins" class. Too bad she's too young to learn Chinese, Spanish or Karate!

Mackenzie with new friends Riley, Ella, and Margo


Her daycare room, with her caregiver, Miss Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment